Monday, March 1, 2010

Shorts in February (2010 Run 10)

Date: 2/20/10
Time of Day: 12:00 PM
Location: Crockett Park
Conditions: 60 degrees F, sunny
Music: Random Running Music
Clothing: short sleeved wicking shirt, compression shorts, shorts
Shoes: Nike Air Pegasus 26+
 
Less than a day after my speed drill, I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous and unseasonably warm day in Nashville.
 
It was sunny, it was comfortable...it was running weather.
 
Near my apartment, there is a park named Crockett Park. It features a variety of trails...and is right next to the campus of the middle school where I won my only career wrestling match (it was by forfeit, but a win is a win).
 
I put the top down on my convertible and headed over to do a little run. I had no idea what sort of terrain I was getting into, so I didn't really head in with any true goals.
 
After looking around for a minute, I found a trail and hopped on it. This trail ran into some woods and near a frisbee golf course. I came to a bridge and decided to start running...and when I got to the other side, I was in a giant open field.
 
I was able to push out about 4 minutes of running before the previous night's speedwork got to me, so I walked for another 4-5 minutes or so and started running again.
 
This time the trail took me around some soccer fields and past a guy running with the absolute goofiest pose I've ever seen (I fear that it was the POSE method or Chi Running...both of which I've been curious about...but if I look that goofy, I don't have the confidence to do it). I started to loop back around and then decided to walk for a minute.
 
This time I had covered 8 minutes. After a little more walking, I ran one more time and re-entered the loop I was in.
 
The last run I pushed for 12 minutes, giving me 24 minutes total run time. And 3 runs in a week for the first time in a very, very long time. It's a trail I will definitely try again.
 
10 down. 200 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment