Sunday, December 20, 2009

Week 6 Day 2 Attempt 1

Date: 12/19/09
Time of Day: 7:45 AM
Location: Marriott Route
Conditions: 39 degrees F, sprinkly
Music: New Yorker Fiction Podcast
Clothing: Long sleeve wicking shirt over short sleeve wicking shirt, compression shorts, shorts
Shoes: Nike Air Pegasus 26+

Yesterday's run was annoying.

It's one thing to end a run because something is hurting...it's another to end the run because you run out of time.

A couple of weeks ago I started Weight Watchers, and I've been attending the Saturday morning 9 am sessions.

Yesterday, I got out the door at 7:45 am. My theory was that running before my meeting would help me lose weight. Unfortunately, my time math was off.

As per the past few times, I started with a brief warm up run. This one was 7 minutes. After the 7 minute run, I started into my warmup.

W6D2 features two 10 minute runs separated by a 3 minute walk. I started into my first 10 minute run, which was uphill for the most part. It was a little difficult, but I completed it.

However, I actually passed my starting point on the second run and decided to stop the run because I had a feeling I was running late. Sure enough...it was 8:30. I had 30 minutes to shower and get to Weight Watchers.

No time to finish my run, no time to cool down. I had to go inside, shower and get back out the door.

So I'll try again tonight. I know I can do it...and could probably move on to W6D3, considering I was getting along pretty nicely, but I don't want to cheat.

I'm not considering this a failure...because I really didn't. This is an abort.

No comments:

Post a Comment