Friday, April 9, 2010

An Unexpected Setback

Did you know that you can injure parts of yourself that are not in your legs while running?
 
I sure didn't...but all day Wednesday and Thursday, my left shoulder was killing me to the point that I was absolutely convinced I had torn my rotator cuff. I had to beg off my first softball practice last night and haven't been able to get any crosstraining in because even slightly moving it hurt a ton.
 
Luckily, this morning, all the pain is gone...so I'm guessing whatever it was worked its way out during the night.
 
Okay, it's not really a setback...I just missed one night of running that I can easily make up tonight...but it was still kind of bizarre to hurt my shoulder running.
 
What are some of the more unconventional running/workout injuries that you have had?

1 comment:

  1. Just thinking of you with all the floods of Nashville. Hope you were safe and didn't recieve too much damage!

    ReplyDelete