Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day Five!

I have been to the gym on 5 of the last 6 days!
 
Last night didn't add anything too wonderful or exciting to the repertoire other than my realization that a C25K on an elliptical is next to impossible due to a) the fact that I'm already pretty exhausted just doing the elliptical normally and b) the fact that the elliptical is best suited for interval training. Thus, if I train to go for 30 minutes on all high intensity, I'm not exactly getting the benefit of the elliptical. So, instead, I did 20 minutes of the interval course.
 
First, however, I went to the reliable recumbent bike. Actually, I went to a different one since mine was in use. That's right - mine. There's a row of three and I had been using the far left one every day...last night, I had to use the far right. Again, I did the Alpine Pass route for 30 minutes at level 8 intensity. After a 10.55 mile and a 10.62 mile day, I really picked it up last night, clocking 10.90 miles in 30 minutes...my goal for this week is to pass 11 miles in thirty minutes.
 
As I mentioned already, I then headed over to the elliptical for 20 minutes of interval training...I'm very, very careful not to rest on the rails when I do it...I know that takes away some of the calorie burn.
 
I'm actually starting to look forward to going each day. Tonight, as I mentioned yesterday, I'll be doing the rower again. After doing a little research, I discovered that there are actually indoor rowing competitions (?!?!?!) and that they always row at 2000m. That's also the distance that they travel during the Olympics on the water. Thus, I'll stick to two 2000m routes - one before the recumbent bike and one after. I didn't pay all that much attention to my time the other day, it was around 12:30, but I will definitely start tracking my time. If I can get down to 6:15, I might actually enter one of those competitions...who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment