Saturday, July 17, 2010

This is new...

So last night, didn't get a run in due to Joe Biden visiting town and practically shutting off all routes South (aka: home) from work. Once I got home...rain started falling...and then thunder...and then then a big blob of red on the radar came right over the house.

Well, all of this completely ruined my plans for Week 1 Day 2 last night...considering that by the time the rain finally got to a point that I felt comfortable driving in, it was time for me to go to my friends' house for game night.

While we're sitting around...I look down at my feet...and notice that my left foot is huge...like HUGE. It's very, very swollen...no idea why.

Fast forward to this morning...we're still swollen...but I still need to work out.

Needless to say, I didn't run today...instead got on the recumbent bike and rode a route called "Alpine Pass" at a level 8 out of 20 for 30 minutes. According to the monitor, I covered 10.62 miles and burned 222 calories.

Then I moved over to the crossfit machine and worked there for about 15 minutes before I felt that I could not go any further...I'm going to have to keep working at this one...

Due to the swelling, not really sure I should run until I cut down on my weight quite a bit...it seems like the impact is putting too much weight down on my feet and my feet are fighting back...so I'm going to try to do a fake one on the crossfit first...plus, once I finish that, I should have my weight down enough to where maybe running won't cause me such an issue.

Since I did it today, however, I'm going to stay off it tomorrow and do the rowing machine (yes, they had one) and more recumbent bike. Monday should prove to be interesting, since it will be crossfit C25K Week 1 Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment