Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fighting Through Injuries (2010 Run 4)

Date: 1/16/10
Time of Day: 10:30 AM
Location: Granny White Park
Conditions: 42-47 degrees F, cloudy 
Music: Running Music 1
Clothing: Long sleeve wicking shirt, compression shorts, shorts
Shoes: Nike Air Pegasus 26+
 
Twelve days.
 
I didn't run for 12 whole days. Admittedly, this is because I've barely been able to walk due to the pain in my Achilles Tendon, much less run. I am so off my plan that it's not even funny.
 
I met Mandi at Granny White Park for our Saturday run. W3D1 was her planned run...and considering I was so far off of my training...I figured I'd just follow along.
 
For January, it was a nice day. Heck, considering the negative wind chill days we'd been having, it was outright gorgeous. I was running in shorts, after all.
 
The first 90 second run ended before I knew it had started, but the first 3 minute run surprised the heck out of me. I remember struggling through it the first go round...and today was no different. Plus, I was hitting the ground a little more gingerly due to the Achilles.
 
The third run was another 90 seconder which, again, went by fairly quickly. But the final run - the second three minutes - admittedly had me in tears. For one thing, I was able run for almost 30 minutes a mere month ago. Now, I'm struggling to knock out three minute runs. For another, my Achilles was absolutely killing me. It hurt so freaking bad. And I don't even land ON my heel.
 
But I finished. Granted...in tears, but I finished.
 
And it hasn't hurt since.
 
4 down...206 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment