Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome to Marriott (2010 Run 3)

Date: 1/4/10
Time of Day: 7:00 PM
Location: Marriott Route
Conditions: 23 degrees F, windy, 15 degree wind chill
Music: Random Britney
Clothing: Long sleeve wicking shirt, jacket, cold weather running pants, gloves, knit cap
Shoes: Nike Air Pegasus 26+
 
(I'm trying more creative names for this year)
 
Mandi came for our second running meet-up of 2010. This time we took to one of my personal routes...my recent favorite - the Marriott Route, my uphill out/downhill back route.
 
I felt like a magician revealing my magic tricks as we headed out the door.
 
For starters, being January, it is going to be cold everyday...but considering how cold it was on Saturday, this was practically warm in comparison. Also, I bought new running pants on the way home at Academy Sports. Essentially, they are lined tights and they look oh so attractive. I threw some shorts over them so I didn't look like Tron Guy.
 
Mandi is on Week 2...and considering I seem to have lost a lot of my built-up endurance and my Achilles has been bugging me, I decided to do it right along side of her.
 
Unfortunately for me, I was having trouble with my iPod, so she actually started out a minute in front of me...so I essentially sprinted my first interval to catch back up to her (as I've mentioned before...she's a lot faster than me). This turned out to be my mistake of the evening. I obviously bumped my heartrate up into the anaerobic stratosphere because it had not really come back down by the second interval...and so I had to push along through that one.
 
My Achilles continued to bug me through about the 4th interval when the soreness finally went away (downhill also probably helped).
 
Meanwhile, my iPod kept throwing "Toxic" remixes at me...I just kept hearing, "Can you feel me now?" over and over and over and over.
 
I didn't have trouble finishing it...considering I had done 90 second runs with 2 minute walks before...and far longer intervals...but for some reason, it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.
 
Regardless, I knocked out another day of running and had fun running with my friend.
 
3 down. 207 to go!

2 comments: