Monday, October 19, 2009

Goals

It's hard to run when you don't have goals...and I've found it's easier to give up when you make your goals too lofty and harder to achieve...while I have bigger and longer goals with my running...here are my current goals:
  • Run a 5K. This one is pretty straightforward...sure, in the future I'll go for longer distances and faster times...but this is kind of the big first step here.
  • Get into a habit of waking up at 5 o'clock every weekday morning to do something, whether it be walk, run, do the elliptical, lift weights. Do something. For the whole rest of the day, I won't have to worry about fitting it in...and I won't feel guilty for missing anything.
  • Keep track of my workouts. I want a log of exactly what I did and for how long.
  • Fit into Extra Large shirts. I've been wearing 2XL shirts for almost 3 years now. In fact, some of my shirts are actually 3XL. In addition to the embarassment of having to wear bigger sizes, there are fewer options for bigger people, they are more expensive...and frankly, some of them are just plain ugly.
  • Weigh weekly. Sometimes I'm afraid of that number on the scale, but I can't motivate myself unless I see it.
  • Blog regularly. Even if I don't write about how my workout went, I need to write something to keep me going.
Of course, once I complete the ones that are completable...I'll update them.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to take at least one day completely off to relax. Also, if you wake up at 5am be sure to sleep early. Most importantly you have to enjoy each workout. There's something magical about outdoor workout at sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful goals to have! I am glad you chose to report to your blog =)

    ReplyDelete