Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another Week...Another Run

I hit week two running. Well, mainly because that's the point.
 
I'm too lazy to go back and look, but this may only be the second time that I've actually reached week two. The last time I made it through week five. I know as a fact that I've only made it into week three once.
 
As per week one, last night was on the treadmill...I listened to an audiobook while watching the Reds-Cardinals game.
 
A quick sidebar: I've been asked how I can listen to an audiobook when I run...basically, I just zone out...or I focus on more than one thing at a time. As you've seen from this blog if you've read back at all, I tend to go back and forth between books and music. Right now, I'm on books. I guarantee you that as soon as I run through Stieg Larsson's Millenium Trilogy, we'll be right back to Pearl Jamming and DMBing it up. And now back to our regularly scheduled program...
 
Week Two consists of six 1:30 runs and 5 two minute walks. As I did last week, I did all of my walks at 3 MPH and my runs at 4 MPH. We're going on a flat course...my theory being that once I get the distance, then I can start messing with the speed and the terrain. In all honesty, it wasn't that much harder than any of last week's runs...towards the end, I started thinking that maybe I should have had a little bit more water before I came, but other than that...it was smooth sailing.
 
I'm learning quickly that the art is to go slooooow. As in, run as slow as you can while still maintaining a running stride.
 
Finally, again this week, I am running into a Friday night where I won't be able to run, which leaves me with two options - I can run again tonight and then Thursday or I can run tomorrow and then Thursday. I'm thinking that tonight would be my best option, so I will be doing W2D2 this evening and hoping that I recover enough to do W2D3 on Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Good Job starting week 2! This week I am trying to build my jogging back up post sketchy knee issue. Yesterday was my first 1mile jog and today I am going to try for 1.5miles. I am just jogging at 4.5...and then walk the remainder of my 3 miles at 3.5
    Hopefully I will be back up to jogging the full 3.1 in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete