Thursday, August 19, 2010

Week 3 - Truckin' Along

Last night got hard for some reason.
 
I'm not too sure why.
 
I went to the Cool Springs Y, popped onto the "good" treadmill and started up Day 2. The first running interval went by pretty smoothly, but the first 3 minute one was a struggle. I really don't know why...it was an effort to keep putting one leg in front of the other. Finally, it was over. The second 90 second interval wasn't that bad and the second 3 minute interval wasn't really bad at all until about the last 30 seconds. Not sure what all of that was about...
 
After I finished, I hopped onto the elliptical and did a good 30 minute workout without too much trouble. At the end, the elliptical said I had burned 400 calories...and when combined with the 111 the treadmill said that I had burned, it was a pretty good night.
 
I just wish that I knew why it was so much harder last night than it was on Monday night.

3 comments:

  1. That happens to me sometime to, and I am always left wondering why...

    Great job on week 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any road races in mind? I have always wanted to do the Zoo Run Run. My husband and I are members of the zoo, and I recently got some information about it. It sounds like a no pressure fun run. And interest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm probably not going to run in anything until the Octoberfest 5k in Germantown in October...

    ReplyDelete