Thursday, August 5, 2010

C25K Reprise: Week 1 Day 2

In what I believe is my fifth attempt at the C25K, I think this is only the third time that I've made it to W1D2 and it may actually be only the second time I've made it there within the span of a week.
 
The run was almost the exact same as Monday...I built up to 3 MPH on the treadmill during the warmup...then did every run at 4 MPH. I was able to snag the treadmill in the corner, which meant I wouldn't be running in front of someone on an elliptical. For some reason, I don't want random cute girl on the elliptical to see me huffing and puffing and slowing down to a walk every other minute (or running at a blazing 4 MPH).
 
Also, my TV wouldn't work, so I listened to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo instead. Horrors, I know.
 
It definitely was the easiest W1D2 of the bunch, which I attribute to a) my new pacing rules and b) the fact that this isn't my first rodeo. To be honest, I could probably do all of Week 2 right now, considering that I run an extra 5-10 seconds on each run just to make sure I go all the way through it, but I want to do it correctly, so we'll stick with W1D3 tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time listening to audio books when I run...but television isn't much better. I am a music girl...but I love audios when I walk. Have you ever used a play away? They are preloaded audio books on MP3 players.I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just finished my W1D3 of the C25K today! The furthest I've ever gone in this program. I'm also running at 4.0 mph right now...I know we're not breaking any records with that, but it's fast enough for me right now. It really is all about pacing. Good luck with it :)

    ReplyDelete