Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Monday Monday...

No, this time I haven't been slacking. I've just been sick.
 
The last time I worked out was last Wednesday (July 21). The following night, I put on my gym clothes and went to eat dinner at the Cheesecake Factory before heading over to the gym. However, I was full and figured missing one night wouldn't hurt me.
 
At 5 am, I woke up...and I was sick. No gym for me Friday through Sunday. I still felt a little iffy on Monday and Tuesday. When I finally hit normalcy on Wednesday, I decided just to take the whole week off so I would be fully recovered and ready to rock and roll on Monday. Also, I managed to probably lose about 10 pounds while I was sick (I don't recommend it...at one point I decided that losing a limb would have been more pleasant).
 
Last night, I headed back to the trusty YMCA with running in my head...so I decided to try C25K one more time with what I believe is a failsafe strategy. I started out on the treadmill walking at 3 miles an hour and only ran at 4 miles an hour. Yes the runs were extremely slow, but they caused no pain and there was no doubt that I would get through them. In all of the W1D1's I've had, last night was the easiest. There really isn't much more to tell.
 
Tonight, I continue my rowing quest after my brief hiatus.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! I finished Couch to 5k in the Spring, and have been doing my own interval training since. I am thinking I will start it up again trying to work on speed. I was thinking of alternating my indoor and outdoor workouts.

    ReplyDelete