Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week 2 Redux - One to Go!

Two down. One to go. Week 2 is almost done.
 
I didn't run back-to-back days as I had initially planned because I had a friend who needed me, so tonight will be the conclusion of Week 2. In two weeks, no less. So far I'm at my fastest completion rate yet!
 
Anyway, I showed up to the Y and found a treadmill. While I was listening to a book on tape on my iPod, I tend to want to turn the TV on while I run just to give me a little visual stimulation since I can't have the normal running down the road stimulation. Unfortunately, at this Y, all of the TVs with remote controls were taken, so I had to find one and hope it was on something I would want to watch...it was on ESPN2 and it was primetime, so I thought I was safe. Not so fast my friend. 3 minutes into the run, we came back from commercial break - professional women's softball. That's right...as I sat there running along, the whole gym saw me watching professional women's softball.
 
Did you even know there was such a thing as professional women's softball?
 
But I digress...the run wasn't hard...as I mentioned earlier, I'm going to try to finish up Week 2 tonight...so we'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the last day of week 2. My favorite thing to watch on TV while running is Marlins baseball. Unfortunately, the only time that is on at the gym is when they are playing the Braves once in a blue moon. I always pull in extra miles during those series.
    I can't seem to stay focused on a sitcom when I run...but if I can ever run in the morning,I like to watch The View :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your training! Have the best run always, more power!

    ~ oakley sunglasses ~

    ReplyDelete