Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 2 Complete

Apparently, my last run on Week 2 went so well that I forgot to blog about it.
 
Don't you hate when that happens?
 
However, I did finish the first two weeks within a two week time period. That, I'm quite proud of. I didn't get to do my extra run on Saturday due to attending a Tomato Festival in the 100 degree heat...my legs are still sore though from all of that...I'm not entirely sure what that means.
 
Week 3 Day 1 is tonight. I'm a little nervous, but I've done it before. Moving from 1 minute to a minute and a half during Week 1 and 2 wasn't a huge issue at all. However, I remember quite well that the three minute runs are the start of the "not fun" part of this. Week 3 features a 90 second run, a 3 minute run, a 90 second run and another 3 minute run. Again, I only run for 9 minutes every day this week...but the 3 minute intervals are a wee daunting.

3 comments:

  1. I have decided to do the Couch to 5k again! I am going to do it on the treadmill at a faster speed than I did my first time thru.

    Thanks for the motivation to do this program again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading about how your first day of week 3 goes! I have one more day of running left in week 2 and I'm sweating the significant increase to 3 minutes in week 3. Good luck!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Week 3. Take it easy and keep at it. Go slower if you need to and get through those 3 minutes. Once you see that 3 is just another number, and that you can run (no matter how slow) for 3 minutes, you'll be fine. Then the same when it's 5 minutes, 15 minutes, etc... Later, you can work on speed. For now, you need to believe and succeed at running those 3 minutes intervals.

    Rooting for you! And thank you for posting. Reading your trials brings back good (ha!) memories of C25K.

    ReplyDelete