Monday, August 30, 2010

Week 4 Underway

Friday night, I headed back to the trusty Cool Springs YMCA with an idea that I would do Week 3 Day 3 all over again...so that's what I did...and it was hard. Again. I don't really know why, but it was...
 
So yesterday rolls around...I know I have to do something...and in my head, I'm completely confused. I'm thinking Week 4 Day 1 is a 3 minute run, a 5 minute run and another 3 minute run. In actuality, it's a 3 minute run, a 5 minute run, a 3 minute run and another 5 minute run. For three weeks, I had been running 9 minutes total...on Sunday, I was required to run 16. Honestly, if I had been clear on that, I might have psyched myself out, but when I got on the treadmill at the Franklin Y (the Cool Springs Y is closed on Sundays), I figured I'd at least try it to see how I did (considering how hard Friday was).
 
I turned on Ray Lamontagne's new album and just ran. And ran. And had problems with the first three minute run...but once my legs were warmed up, it really wasn't that hard. A couple of times, I considered turning the speed down to about 3.8, but I figured I'd keep going until I absolutely could not run at that speed...and I finished it.
 
Week 4 Day 1 is in the bag. We are trucking, baby!

4 comments:

  1. How has the week been for you? I did Week3 Day 1 yesterday...not too bad, but I am already starting to worry about W5D3. So far I have been able to keep up my speed, but I am really worried about that longer run. I just have to remember 1 day at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to get it done. Sometimes it's nice to be unaware of what's ahead.

    ReplyDelete