Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New Music Tuesday

In a sense, at least...it's "New Music Tuesday", as tonight will be my first run with new music.
As much as I love listening to my podcasts and stories, it's really hard to concentrate on them when you get to running...so I'm going to save them for the walking portions. I've set up some playlists here for multiple reasons. First off, I've put music in that's going to get me psyched. Secondly, I've made every one of these between 30-35 minutes so that I can somewhat judge my improvements by which point in which song I'm on at certain landmarks. If that sounds convoluted, that's probably because it is.

In summation, here is my new music...and evidence that I sometimes have the musical taste of a 16-year-old girl...

Running Music 1
1. "The Battle" - Hans Zimmer - Gladiator Soundtrack
2. "The Final Game" - Jerry Goldsmith - Rudy Soundtrack
3. "Gonna Fly Now (Theme from Rocky)" - Bill Conti - Rocky Soundtrack
4. "Olympic Theme" - L'Orchestra Cinematique - Olympic Themes
5. "Going the Distance" - Bill Conti - Rocky Soundtrack
6. "Gonna Fly Now (John X Remix)" - Natalie Wilde & Bill Conti - Rocky Balboa: The Best of Rocky

Running Music 2
1. "Ready to Go" - Republica - Republica
2. "Weapon of Choice" - Fatboy Slim - Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
3. "3" - Britney Spears - 3 - Single
4. "Don't Cha" - Pussycat Dolls - PCD
5. "Toxic" - Britney Spears - In The Zone
6. "Praise You" - Fatboy Slim - Praise You - EP
7. "Womanizer" - Britney Spears - Circus
8. "Gimme More" - Britney Spears - Blackout

Running Music 3
1. "Ready to Go" - Republica - Republica
2. "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)" - AC/DC - For Those About To Rock We Salute You
3. "Express Yourself (Remix)" - N.W.A. - N.W.A.: Greatest Hits
4. "Here It Goes Again" - Ok Go - Oh No
5. "Galvanize" - The Chemical Brothers - Push the Button
6. "Short Skirt/Long Jacket" - Cake - Comfort Eagle
7. "Do the Evolution" - Pearl Jam - Yield
8. "The Distance" - Cake - Fashion Nugget

Running Music 4
1. "Weapon of Choice" - Fatboy Slim - Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
2. "Gimme More" - Britney Spears - Blackout
3. "Praise You" - Fatboy Slim - Praise You - EP
4. "Womanizer" - Britney Spears - Circus
5. "The Rockafeller Skank" - Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller Skank - EP
6. "Toxic" - Britney Spears - In The Zone
7. "3" - Britney Spears - 3 - Single

I don't know which one I'm going to run with tonight, but from now on when I do my post-run summaries, I'll put the (not very creative) name of the playlist in the music portion. That way you know what I'm listening to...and I'm sure there will be more coming.

1 comment: